• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document could not be printed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to print numerous different PDFs from a corporate website. Each file has similar header, images, length, appearance. Opening the files online I receive the message "Insufficient data for an image" but the images do appear after I scroll down a bit. They disappear if I scroll up again.  Try to print and this message appears " Document could not be printed". I have tried saving and reopening in Reader 9.1, also printing to file and printing as an image. Nothing works. I think the two issues are connected.  I have seen similar discussions on this and other forums but they seem to lead nowhere.  Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 187 Replies 187
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've tried everyone's suggestions and nothing has seemed to work.

I still get the "no pages selected" error

I had hoped it might have been fixed in the update today.

Does anyone have any other suggestions short of trying a reinstall?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, only thing that worked for me is that I've changed resolution from 300 to 150dpi in printer advanced settings, but I only needed that for preview. Maybe this can be helpful to someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1. Open Acrobat reader

Step 2. Click Edit

Step 3. Click Preferences

Step 4. Click Security (Enhanced)

Step 5. Uncheck Enable Protected Mode at Startup

Click OK, reopen Acrobat Document and print

This worked for me, the problem was the Protected View that needs to be turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too! I just spent 2+ hours trying to print a doc using OS X 10.11.1 and Acrobat Reader DC 15.009.20069. Time spent included uninstalling and re-installing Acrobat Reader DC. I'm still getting the "No pages selected" error. I gave up and used Preview which worked fine.  Obviously, Adobe really got something screwed up here! Hope they fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a similar situation but on 10.10.5. After reading through many of these posts, I can't believe I didn't think of using Preview to print earlier.  Your comment about doing so saved me a lot more time being put in just to print out a one page doc.  Thanks for this.  No idea what Adobe has done to create this problem but I know that I didn't experience the problem prior to the last update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i am printing pdf 1 copy but in my machine it is coming as 2 copies why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Did that and also selected "shrink oversize pages" in print menu and now it's printing. Fixed now but what a lot of hassle just to print a PDF ....  something that's always worked easily in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really annoying that this problem lingers. It's really a testament to the quality, really the lack of, in the products this company is producing. We have hundreds of PDFs that are for policies, forms and what not at our hospital and since DC's rollout we have had nothing but trouble.  I think programmers at ADOBE are following MickySofts approach to new products, like Edge.  I have had it! I am taking my hospital to GOOGLE documents and dropping this frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2016 Mar 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the following issues "The document could not be printed" "There were no pages selected to print."  and after reading everyone's comments above and trying the suggestions I am still having no luck. As I work from home I rely heavily on PDF to ensure documents are not changed.  I don't have the print preview option it just goes straight to print even going through File>print. Can anyone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the responses "The document could not be printed", "There were no pages selected to print." when attempting to print PDF documents with Adobe Reader XI (11..0.10) in Windows XP SP3. Resolved it by uninstalling AR, then re-installing the version of AR offered in Adobe.com specifically for Windows XP SP3: (11.0.08). PDFs now successfully print again. Perhaps update (11.0.10) is suitable for newer Windows OS's but not XP? So, I will pass when again offered update (11.0.10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. I saved the PDF as image files (JPGs) and then re-combined as a PDF. Now it prints ok.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.16

Printing pdf to network printer, receive an error message "the document could not be printed," and then "there were no pages selected to print."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines