• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download page not showing 64 bit version of Acrobat Reader for OS - Windows Server 2012

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to download the 64-bit version of Acrobat Reader but on the download page, after selecting OS as Windows Server 2012 version dropdown is listing only the 32-bit version of the application.

How can I download the latest version of 64-bit?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Yes, here it is. The 64-bit version is not for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and 2012R2. Adobe Acrobat Reader system requirements

Adobe don't support EOL systems, and both Server 2012 are also dropped even though it's 10 months to EOL. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anywhere where it says that's the 32-bit version... But even if it is, does that really matter? Contrary to popular belief, the 64-bit version isn't really faster or better than the 32-bit version. The differences are not noticeable for the common user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concluded that it is 32-bit based on verifying the download link for other OS. For Windows 10 it displays two options to download. Only for the 64-bit version, the name has 64-bit appended to it. Please refer attached screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggesting that Windows Server 2012 is not a supported platform. Why would it be - 64-bit support was only introduced in 2021....? Since there is no benefit from 64-bit, I wouldn't go to the trouble of upgrading the server on this account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. It would be great if you could share an article or an announcement indicating the end of support for Server 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than seeking end of support statements, I recommend looking at system requirements statements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, here it is. The 64-bit version is not for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 and 2012R2. Adobe Acrobat Reader system requirements

Adobe don't support EOL systems, and both Server 2012 are also dropped even though it's 10 months to EOL. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines