• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Stamps Made Easy - Super easy

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Create Image - I created 5 very similar items in Microsoft Paint. Just basically changed the word (mailed, voicemail, texted, emailed, no answer). SO they're all the same size (this is relevant during step 9).

2. Be sure to save each image as a separate file

3. Create a custom stamp

4. Locate the stamp folder - mine is C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Stamps

5. Create custom stamps with your other images, into dynamic category

6. Open the pdf file - File name makes no sense - just open it

7. It will have a blank page, then your stamps will be on their own different pages

8.  Add form text field - read only and then characteristics of your choice ( I did auto text size, black fill color)

8a. Calculation javascript: event.value = util.printd("mm/dd/yy hh:MM tt", new Date());

8b. This format is 01/30/17 08:58 am

9. Duplicate this field across the rest of the pages. Since mine were the same size (since I just changed the word), this was super easy.

10. Save the file

Mailed.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

I literally just did this... and yes it worked.

Sorry for your mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally just did this... and yes it worked.

Sorry for your mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also did this by saving completely blank Microsoft Paint jpg's as different files... and then just created PDF forms fields with the date and the text into one... Example:

event.value = ("Mailed on " + util.printd("mm/dd/yy hh:MM tt", new Date()));

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the form fields with Acrobat Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. So did you create 5 different dynamic custom stamps?  I wish you showed a pic of how they look on a page.  Is there a way to be able to edit the date used in a dynamic custom stamp?  If I knew I received a file on Monday but it is now Thursday, I would like to change the date of my "Received" dynamic stamp to reflect the date for Monday and not Thursday.  Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but you would need to use a script to prompt you to enter the date to use on the stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines