• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit an email attachment on Adobe Acrobat and resend without saving to computer

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to edit PDF email attachments on Acrobat Reader DC and then send the edited PDFs back to the sender without having to save the attachments to my computer and create a whole new email.

I have a Windows 7 computer, however I am attempting to do this on my boss' computer. Unfortunately I do not know the exact model of his computer, but it is a Windows and a newer version than the one I have. The computer monitor he has is Samsung. He uses Microsoft Outlook 2010 for his email and Acrobat Reader DC to open the PDF email attachments.

I have tried going to Outlook, then "Options", then "Customize Ribbon", then "Commands Not in the Ribbon", but there is no "Edit Message" option available on the update he has on his computer.

I would REALLY appreciate help with this issue. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Are you trying to reattach it to the existing email where you got it or something else? If so, that can't be done. It's an email thing.

As far as edits go, Reader doesn't really "edit" pdf files. You can add comments, fill out forms and such but you can't change the underlining structure of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to reattach it to the existing email where you got it or something else? If so, that can't be done. It's an email thing.

As far as edits go, Reader doesn't really "edit" pdf files. You can add comments, fill out forms and such but you can't change the underlining structure of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is correct that you cannot edit with Acrobat Reader, but if you have Acrobat Pro DC, you can save an edited PDF already attached to an email!  I was really frustrated by DC only allowing "Save As" whereas Acrobat Pro XI allowed the saving of the edited PDF to the email.

beno10440768 found a workaround:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/saving-edited-pdf-attached-to-outlook-email-compo...

I am composing an email message in Outlook 365 where I attach a PDF, then make some edits in Acrobat. In previous versions of Acrobat (XI, specifically), Ctrl+S or the Save function would save the edited PDF to the email message that was being composed. Since I opened the file from the email composition, it makes sense that Acrobat would save it back to the same location without questioning my request.

In Acrobat DC, however, the Save function (and Ctrl+S) brings up the "Save As" file prompt, defaulting to the temporary Outlook content folder where the file was being stored by Windows. This is ridiculous and does not match previous version behavior. I need to save my edits back to the email that I was composing. Is there a setting in Acrobat that is inadvertently causing this behavior?

My current successful workaround is that if I do not click "Save", and simply exit Acrobat, the "save changes?" prompt will successfully save my edits to the PDF attachment in the email I am composing. So it appears to be a fixable problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines