Embedded PDF viewing generates error 0:521 and crashes Internet Explorer

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have at least 3 users that are affected by the issue in the Subject line. All machines are running Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit with version 19.021.20047 of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I've also attached a screenshot of the error message users are receiving. It should be noted that this issue only began occurring after our environment was updated to this version of Reader DC; previous versions did not cause this issue. Is this a new issue in this build? Please advise.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , PDF and browsers , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathonr

Thanks for reaching out. As described above, you are getting the error 0:521, correct?

We see that you are using the version 19.21.20047. A new update for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC got released on 24th Oct 2019 version 19.21.20049. Please update the application to the new version available. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

For detailed information please refer to the help article https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated the affected machines to v19.21.20049. I will let you know what comes up if anything.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still have one user that's experiences the error message. I ran a repair on the installtion from within Adobe Reader DC and that appears to have cleared it up. I'll post back once I've had the user conduct testing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the observation.

We are here for help. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Thanks

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there are still 2 users experiencing this issue with v19.21.20049. Please advise.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have started seeing this error when opening one pdf to another using links in a browser.  We are running the latest version as of 10/20/2020 it's terribly disruptive to our production environment.  How do we stop this error from occuring?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue.. we have the latest version installed of acrobat dc 21.011.20039 64 bit. it seems to happen when ever we close a pdf and open another right after. I can duplicate this error every time. We are required to use Acrobat DC for our Thompson Reuters File Cabinet software. Our Accountants are like Crack Adicted Hampsters with ADHD and can't wait the 2 or 3 sec it takes DC to shut down before clicking the next link.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

A new version of Acrobat/Reader DC is now available ver 22.1.20085. Please try to update the application manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html and reboot the computer once and check .

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines