Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 100700

Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problems with my Adobe Acrobat Reader. Keep getting the following message when I try to update:

Update Failed

Updates have been disabled by your system policy.

Error: 100700

It is our home computer which we also use for business on Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hannahh,

I am sorry for the trouble you had with the updates of Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and try downloading the updates from help menu of Adobe Reader>select check for updates.

Are you logged in as the administrator? Generally, you need to be the administrator to do updates.

Have you tried to download updates from Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows and install the updates in order as needed.

If you still experience any issue, please try the following registry settings and check:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer  and check if DisablePatch value is set to 1

If it is, delete this value

Also, check DisableLUAPatching value

If it is set to 1, delete it

Note that on 64bit systems, you should also check values under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anand

I’ve tried restarting and also tried downloading updates from link as suggested but the following comes up when I download:

Fatal Error

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server

I’m not sure where to go to check registry settings

Cheers

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hannah,

Which exact Reader version do you have installed?

Can you describe what happens before you get this error?

For example - Opened pdf file in Reader, selected Help\Check for Updates menu...

Error 100700 is set by Updater when EULA is not accepted. Normally you would not be able to use Reader unless EULA is accepted.

Alternatively you can install updates manually as Annand suggested, even if EULA is not yet accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version – AcroRd32

When I select ‘Help\Check For Updates’ from the opened pdf this message comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’ve managed to get it to download on fourth attempt and it is now updating correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hannahh,

Glad to hear that the issue got resolved, thanks for your time and patience.

As LeoAdobeX correctly mentioned that this issue generally occurs when EULA is not accepted. You may accept the EULA manually by navigating to the location C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

Locate 'Eula' and double click, follow the onscreen instruction.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anand, 
The eula.exe solution worked for me in case of Acrobat Pro 64 bit as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I kept getting 130200 update errors; followed registry recommendations from someone & to no avail.  Then someone suggested uninstalling & shutting down, then reinstalling.  Adobe Reader looks newer, but now I get 100700 error when checking for updates.  I have nothing in C:\Program Files (x86).  What say you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue: Updates have been disabled by your system policy. Error: 100700

I resolved it by first doing a Help -> Repair Installation. Then Check for Updates worked as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines