• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 57 when trying to open a PDF

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one computer, I'm having intermittent issues viewing PDFs. It doesn't impact all PDFs, but when attempting to open certain ones I receive the following error:
- There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (57).

For troubleshooting, I've confirmed the following:

- The error appears for all users attempting to view the PDF on the specified machine.

- The error continues to appear after reinstalling Adobe Reader and running the Cleanup tool inbetween

- The PDF is able to be opened on other computers with Adobe Reader

- On the machine that generates the error, confirmed that no updates were available; the version listed is the same as the machines that are able to open the PDFs without the (57) error

- On the machines that are able to open the PDFs, there is a notice about signatures and IDs

Looking further into the Trusted Signatures and IDs, I attempted to follow the instructions at the following URL:

- Manage trusted identities, Adobe Acrobat

I run into further issues with the instructions above:

- When navigating to Edit > Preferences > Signatures > Identities & Trusted Certificates > More.. to review the settings, I receive an error stating, "Unknown error. Support Information: SecurityConsole-430

- When navigating to Edit > Preferences > Trust Manager > Automatic Adobe Approved Trust List (AATL) updates > Update Now, I select 'OK' to install the Trusted Certificates, but receive an error stating, "Updating security settings failed".

Any help getting the PDFs that generate the (57) error would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution to this found meanwhile?

I have the same problem and still the only solution is to avoid Adobe Acrobat on PC. Everything is working except this! Internet browsers, Tracker Software, even Acrobat on iOS...

Unbeleivable, that Adobe can not help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Merlingg,

Sorry for the trouble with opening the files.

Please try repairing the installation once by Help-> Repair Installation.

Also, is the error specific to the shared file or all the documents you are trying to open?

Since you have already shared a file, I will try to reproduce the issue on my end and get back to you with the findings as soon as possible.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

clarmontpiemreeschool

forumer

shareedingontpiemreeSchool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines