• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Adobe Acrobat reader cannot access the network, error when opening from some SharePoint sites

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a SharePoint 2019 on-prem farm that we are using as a document management platform. When we open PDF's from some of the sites and check them out to make changes and try to save those changes back, we are getting an "Adobe Acrobat Reader Cannot access the network. Please verify your computer's network connection and try again." and the PDF won't save.

The strange thing is some of the sites in the farm will work, but others wont and when looking at the setup of them they are the same, and we can’t see any differences. I have tried with an account that is a site collection admin but still get the same issue, so that rules out it being a permission issue.

Im not to sure what to check now, but was wondering if anyone else has had the same or know of anyway to turn debug logs on with acrobat to try find out why?

Thanks in advance!

Annotation 2021-05-13 115751 (1).jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If it still doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Win Only) and see if that works. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'enable protected mode at startup' Turn off the Protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

If turning off the security works for you, please try to add the folder and the file to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Add file and Add folder path and Click OK and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have tried to change the above settings but am still getting the same error message.

I have also tried to add the site to the privileged Locations, but am still getting the same error.

RDCuser_0-1625630710575.png

Thanks, Justin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines