• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error processing a page. Problem reading document (18)

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

my problem occurs when I try to open a PDF file, which was send to me via email. The Acrobat Reader shows the following: Error processing a page. Problem reading document (18).

If I click on "ok" I can scroll throught the file but half of the pages are empty.

Does someone know why? What does error 18 mean?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rolfk,

As explained above, that the file goes blank after clicking on the OK on the error message. So does this happen with all the documents that you open in Adobe Reader or this particular one?

Which version of Adobe Reader you are working on? Open Adobe Reader >Help>About Adobe Reader DC

Would you please try opening the file online on google chrome? To see whether its a problem with the application or the type of file you are opening.

Let us know the result.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akancha,

Thank you for your answer.

The error occours just sometimes. Most files I can open without any problems.  My Adobe Reader Version is the 2018.009.20050.

Now I also tried to open the file on Google Chrome. There I can see every page normaly. Can I do something to see it on Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response to your last message.

In this case we need to check any one of the problematic document at our end, to see whats going wrong with it.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I just had the same issue mentioned in this threat: "Problem reading document (18)" after 24 hours working with an Adobe paid license 😞

Is there any chance that you check the attached file?  

I just tried also the Google Drive upload to visualize the file, but still then just see blank pages after 2 days of work.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also did: 

-Uninstall

-Open file in browser

-Save as...

Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines