• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I try to install Adobe Reader, dropped installation and my PC tells me I already have a newer version installed - which is accurate!

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to install Adobe Reader,  the installation dropped and my PC tells me that I already have a newer version installed

- which is not accurate!

How do I get and older instqllqtion - I can for the moment not read PDF documents?

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

I had a similar problem after reverting from Windows 10 to 7.  Acrobat Reader wouldn't work and I couldn't install any version of Reader.  The cleaner failed to fix the problem (and I used both versions, 4 (DC and later) and 2 (10 and later).  What finally worked was finding the old install folder in C:\Program Data and deleting it.

Look for a folder like C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AB0000000001} and delete everything from "Setup" on down. 

Then reinstall the version of Ac

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using this tool to first remove all traces of Reader from your computer:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Then, you can download the full offline Reader installer from

http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

After downloading, restart your computer and run the installer before doing anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect advice, it worked the first time and absolutely perfect

- I should have asked in this forum much earlier, what a lot of wasted time I had sparred 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to know that now you know we can be useful every now and then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem after reverting from Windows 10 to 7.  Acrobat Reader wouldn't work and I couldn't install any version of Reader.  The cleaner failed to fix the problem (and I used both versions, 4 (DC and later) and 2 (10 and later).  What finally worked was finding the old install folder in C:\Program Data and deleting it.

Look for a folder like C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AB0000000001} and delete everything from "Setup" on down. 

Then reinstall the version of Acrobat reader that you want on your system.  I searched for and installed version 11 (XI) becasue I associate DC with the problems I was having with Windows 10.  You may have better luck with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe cleaners did nothing. Deleting all the files mentioned in the various posts did nothing.

The solution was to go the C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Setup\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AB0000000001} folder (may well be a different Folder name) and run setup.exe after the online install process fails with the message stating that a newer version is installed.

This folder will contain the recent download of the version of the application you chose, that was attempted to be installed during the process and failed. This worked for me perfectly.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines