Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel Hyperlinks opening then closing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a user who is launching hyperlinks to pdf's from excel running the latest Office 365 version 16.0. They are also running the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 22.001.20169.

When Reader is open already the pdf launches fine. But when it isn't it closes automatically after less than a second. 

I have tried disabling protected mode and enhanced security. Checked for windows updates. Set Adobe Reader DC as the default pdf application but the problem persists.

I see this has been as issue in previous versions and have seen other posts over the years suggesting the above fixes but it remains an issue. Please advise.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Linz,

We appreciate your efforts for well researching the troubleshooting steps.

I have tried disabling protected mode and enhanced security. Checked for windows updates. Set Adobe Reader DC as the default pdf application but the problem persists.

Since you have already tried the above steps, it still didn't resolve the issue.

So we'd suggest you run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application's files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat Reader DC installer from here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

and check back.

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines