• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to load an application resource (internal error)

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always get this pop up. And the program also crashes and closes when I try to make any edits. I am using windows 10 and the latest version of Acrobat Reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Antech_electric,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, what is the version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

With the freeware Adobe Reader, you won't be able to edit any PDF file. Would you mind sharing the complete workflow of try to make an edit?

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the error you get? To post a screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Try repairing the Adobe Reader from help>repair installation, reboot the machine once and check. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed. Check for any pending updates from help>check for updates.

Check for any updates pending for the operating system, and if there are any updates, please install them, reboot the machine and check.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error adobe.PNG

I am using Windows 10 on a PC and on the latest version of the program. I should still be able to add text on a pdf on the freeware version when I click "comment", all my colleagues are able to do this. Instead my Adobe reader crashes and closes when I try to add text.

Try repairing the Adobe Reader from help>repair installation, reboot the machine once and check. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed. Check for any pending updates from help>check for updates.

Check for any updates pending for the operating system, and if there are any updates, please install them, reboot the machine and check.

I have also done the above and still get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing additional information. Are you getting this error message with all the PDF files or is it specific to one PDF file?

Please reboot the machine once and use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot and install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all that above, the problem persists unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It happens with any pdf that has been digitally altered and most pdfs I work with have been digitally altered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines