• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill and Sign, Prevent Save Signature

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, is it possible to prevent the "Save signature" feature of Acrobat DC Reader? We would like to use the feature for signing a pdf delivery docket on a touch screen, but we want delivery people to sign, and I do not want the signature to be saved. Is there any tuning feature available to remove this function?

I notice its saving the signature in some file in C:\Users\<>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security .. as when I rename these files "reader_fss_..." then the saved signature is no longer in Reader.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

In case you want to permanently shut down the saving if signature/initials on your system, then you can do the following :

1. Go to start and open “Run”.
  2. Type regedit and press enter.
  3. Go to the below path HKLM/Software/Policies/Adobe/Acrobat Reader/DC/FeatureLockDown/cServices/ and create a new DWORD with name = bToggleFSSSignatureSaving and value = 1
  4. Quit Reader and relaunch the app.

Post this setting you will not observe the “Save Signature” checkbox and your signature/initial will not get saved.

Hope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you want to permanently shut down the saving if signature/initials on your system, then you can do the following :

1. Go to start and open “Run”.
  2. Type regedit and press enter.
  3. Go to the below path HKLM/Software/Policies/Adobe/Acrobat Reader/DC/FeatureLockDown/cServices/ and create a new DWORD with name = bToggleFSSSignatureSaving and value = 1
  4. Quit Reader and relaunch the app.

Post this setting you will not observe the “Save Signature” checkbox and your signature/initial will not get saved.

Hope this works and do let us know how it goes !!

Regards,
Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

this/your post is from 2018. Is the Reg Edit still valid and possible?

thx in advance

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am having an issue where i saves the signature and intials, it does not let me reset them. i have followed this path that was previously suggested. once i get into the lockdown folder, there is no option for cServices. These are my options: cDefaultExecMenuItems ; cDefaultFindAttachmentPerms ; cDefaultLaunchAttachmentPerms ; cDefaultLaunchURLPerms 

All i want to do is to be able to vhange the signature and initals to where i can put the proper name in there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thought I would post the below given your response - I was having the same issue.

In attempting to resolve this issue myself when asking for help from the community I managed to fix this issue (hopefully it will allow me to link to the original comment here )

This ended up working for me (solution given by user dreamerm23335271):

"In Windows 10 there is no "Preference" folder - not even hidden.  To follow these instructions you have to open the version folder

Then rename the JSCache folder and the Security folder"

When you open Adobe the next time the signatures are gone! For clarity - I just renamed to add "1" at the end of each of the folders above and when I opened adobe next time the signatures had removed themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

N/A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines