• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find serial number for Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a simple way to locate the product serial number for the software currently installed on my computer?

IT installed the upgrade to Pro 2020 onto my desktop when I moved to my new office.  I'd like to register the software as I did with the previous Acrobat Professional 17 software so I can activate it on my laptop for remote working.  It would be great if I could do this without having to bug our overworked IT department, but the software seems determined to make this unnecessarily difficult to impossible so far.

Always with gratitude.
Máia
TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no easy way to extract the serial number from the application itself, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be see Register in the Help menu. Once registered, the serial will be in your account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean about seeing "Register in the Help menu" but I'm unable to see anything but the install path from Registry Editor on my system. 

If you're referring to in Acrobat the serial number isn't listed anywhere within the app including when running a System Report. Registering the product with Adobe is what I'm trying to accomplish in the first place, but you can't register without the serial number.  

Always with gratitude.
Máia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're referring to the Help menu within Acrobat itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean to go into the Help menu it Acrobat. In SOME Adobe apps you will see a Register entry. This may - if it is there - take you off to Adobe's web site, where it will register you, because IT knows the serial number. If this is a success, you will see the serial number in your account details. (Do not look for activations or plans related to this product, that applies only to subscriptions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines