• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font package required

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I download a pdf from anywhere - government site, friend's email, wherever, once the pdf is downloaded and I go to open it there is a box that pops up saying I need to install a "font package".

It's extremely annoying - it's every single PDF.  It's not a third party site that I'm directed to, it's coming from Adobe.

Out of frustration I finally clicked on the install link and it turns out is some sort of Asian font package - and even after installing it I keep getting the pop-up box for the font package whenever I go to open a downloaded PDF.

It happens on my laptop and desktop with two different versions of Windows.

Anyone know how to get it to stop the pop-up for the Font Package?????

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Hi Toddm30396913,

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack enables you to display and interact with documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native Adobe Reader. It is needed to correctly display a document when an author does not embed the appropriate font into the document.

Could you please confirm the Acrobat Reader version that you have installed in your computer, is it Reader DC or Reader XI?

Kindly download the font pack according to the version of Acrobat reader that you h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toddm30396913,

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack enables you to display and interact with documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native Adobe Reader. It is needed to correctly display a document when an author does not embed the appropriate font into the document.

Could you please confirm the Acrobat Reader version that you have installed in your computer, is it Reader DC or Reader XI?

Kindly download the font pack according to the version of Acrobat reader that you have installed.

• Click on the link Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows
  • scroll down the page to the ADD-ONS> select the font pack > download
  • Restart the computer (check again if you are experiencing the same problem or not)

let us know if that works.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to open the link provided by you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that was five years ago. That was for a much older version. Isn't there a link in the message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am currently using this as latest available resource on the topic: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/windows-font-packs-32-bit-reader.html and for x64 windows here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/font-pack-spelling-dictionary-64-bit-windows.html 

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's helpful! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines