• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Version of Adobe keeps asking for payment to subscribe for the upgrade

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader -  the free version.  Everytime I open a pdf file, a pop up comes up asking me to subscribe to the free trail and to buy now for the Adobe Pro.  When I close out the pop up, it shuts down the Adobe Reader as well.  How can I just use the free version?   Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2024 Jul 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ivana38715623v1md  curious when you downloaded the Acrobat Reader, did you download from Adobe's official website and not some third party website 'spoofing' Adobe site? It shouldn't be like that.

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

mpchow_0-1721548303361.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have downloaded the free trial of the Adobe Acrobat instead of the Acrobat Reader. I am using the Reader too, as I could not use the Adobe Acrobat anymore, which I bought, and the Acrobat Reader will still nag you into subscribing to the paid version... often.

Good advice from the other poster to only trust the official website, but I guess you already done this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines