Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Greek font when trying to add text

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a strange font problem. When trying to add text in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI it shows some greek symbols:

greek_symbols_in_pdf.jpg

My primary language is Polish and the preferences are set correctly (as system default). Today i installed the newest update - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI (21.005.20048) (APSB21-37). Could it be because of this update?

Please help. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for reporting this.

As per the screenshot that you have shared above, the Greek font appears in place of "Type text here".

Did you try re-installing the application? If not, please try once and let us know if the Greek font still appears.

Did you make any other changes recently?

Share the OS version on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Reinstall helped. But it seems the problem is caused by the update i mentioned in previous post. 

After repair i installed the update once again and the Greek fonts returned. Typing something in place of "Type text here" also types the Greek letters. Oddly enough, if I type any Polish letter, the fonts goes back to normal... until the restart of application.

Thanks,

Marcin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Requesting you to please share ProcMon logs (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html). Go to this link and search for "Process Monitor Tool (ZIP, 56.5 KB)". Download the tool and follow the user instructions listed below.

Once you have performed the workflow, please share the log file (.pml) with us.

Regards,
Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any other way to share the .pml file? Everytime i hit "post" it won't let me. I've even tried to trick the system, but it seems very smart 😉

MarcinSD_0-1623741091773.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a zip file of the contents and store on a cloud location. Alternately you can mail me at sagrover@adobe.com .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a similar problem except the native language is czech instead of polish, therefore I followed the steps you mentioned above. I have attached the ProcMonLog file as requested.

NOTE:
The .pml file was not supported here for attachment so I have just "force" rewrote the .pml to .txt file so I could upload it here. I hope this "conversion" didn't change the structure and after rewriting it back everything will be in place.
Just to be safe, here is a link for 3rd party cloud storage that will be alive for 30 days: http://leteckaposta.cz/825192327

Regards,
The seventh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you mail me the .pml file at sagrover@adobe.com .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an optional update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2...  

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

v21.005.20054 solved problem with greek font instead of polish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines