• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey border around images in PDF!

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save anything from either the internet or powerpoint, when I open it as a pdf it will have grey lines around all images when the original one has no lines.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Hello Jessicao,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, are you trying to Save the document as PDF or as Adobe PDF, as Save as Adobe PDF is available with Acrobat Pro, not with the freeware Adobe Reader application as the process of Printing to Adobe PDF creates a new PDF file and with the freeware Adobe Reader application, you cannot create a PDF file.

If you are trying to save a PDF, not as Adobe PDF from Powerpoint, then it is the Microsoft technology and feature of creating a PDF but not Adobe PD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jessicao,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, are you trying to Save the document as PDF or as Adobe PDF, as Save as Adobe PDF is available with Acrobat Pro, not with the freeware Adobe Reader application as the process of Printing to Adobe PDF creates a new PDF file and with the freeware Adobe Reader application, you cannot create a PDF file.

If you are trying to save a PDF, not as Adobe PDF from Powerpoint, then it is the Microsoft technology and feature of creating a PDF but not Adobe PDF, and Adobe does not have control over the resultant PDF by this methodology.

Navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferneces>Page Display>under 'Rendering'>select Smooth Images and under 'page content and Information'>select 'Show Large images' and check

Is it possible to share a sample PDF file with us so that we can test it at our end?

Share the file with us by direct message only How Do I Send Private Message

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reade.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution did not work for me.  My source files are xml and are being transformed to XSL FO, the FO is being saved as PDF.  I tried opening the PDF in Acrobat, i have the settings set in preferences listed above, saved as a new filename but the gray border stayed on the images.  Can you offer any suggestions?  

I do have the most current Acrobat installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines