• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hate Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO YOU HATE ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC AS MUCH AS I DO?   HOW MANY HOURS HAVE YOU WASTED WITH THIS MESS?  

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO BE "TRAINED" TO DELETE A FILE LIKE "LINDA" STATES!?

WEIRD, BUT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO DELETE FILES BY GOING TO THE USUAL PLACES...IE "FILE" "EDIT" OR RIGHT-CLICK AND RECEIVE THE OPTION TO DELETE!  SIMPLE ENOUGH RIGHT??  

THEN WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS PIECE OF TROUBLE I HAVE BEEN UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO COME ACROSS!??

Title shortened for brevity by moderator. Was "DO YOU HATE ADOBE ACROBAT READER DC AS MUCH AS I DO?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

No, I don't hate Acrobat Reader, to answer your question.

Adobe Acobat Reader is free, and if you hate it that much, you might want to stop using it.

You can still delete files in the Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Windows). Is that what you are having trouble with? If not, please post a screen shot. This is a user forum, and one of us will be able to help you.

Are there other issues? You might want to start a new thread for new topics, as others search this public forum in the future for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't delete files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched Google, half jokingly for "I hate Acrobat Reader" because I have spent countless HOURS and HOURS trying to problem solve issues with the PDFs. It drives me batty. I will try to figure it out, again, by searching this help community. But it actually brought me some relief to see your post. I am not alone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KarenJK​,

Your Google search brought you to the Adobe forums, and welcome. While you are using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDFs, you may or may not know that Adobe gave away PDF technology years ago and they are not the only company who makes PDFs. There are also other viewers. Adobe still does it best, imho, as a user.

But when you do have problems, please come back and we might be able to help you sort them out. It’s best to start a new thread for each issue, but we can also move a post.

Are you having a problem right now that we might be able to help with?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES. I cannot cyber file my 1040 because acrobat pdf will not allow me to save or mail with it filled it. it just wants a blank form. plus, the hundreds i spent on photoshop was eliminated by adobe, so yes, i hate it. now i have to go to a store and print the 1040 out, blank, and fill it out by hand. great job adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the fault of the creator of the form, not Adobe. In fact, Adobe made it possible to fill in and save *all* PDF files by default (unless they were explicitly protected against it) in the latest version of Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And what in the world does this have to do with Photoshop. Adobe Acrobat Reader doesn't “eliminate” Photoshop?

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines