• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide 'All Tools' Pane permenatly 2023

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can users permanently hide the 'All Tools' pane? 

Older guides do not work. 

Using a free version. 

Please don't force trail periods and pop ups on your uses 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

1st ANY design behavior can be changed or modified.  It's called code... look it up! 
2nd SHAME ON YOU for "fixing" something that wasn't broken, just so you could break it and screw people out of hard earned money in this economy.
3rd To go back to the OLD VERSION click on Menu, Click on Disable New Acrobat Reader (4 options above Preferences), click Restart and enjoy what we all are used to.
Oh, and BTW, I didn't create an account just to upvote, I signed in with Google.  (Removed)
Peace Love & Ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.  Thanks millions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my hero of the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for helping me eliminate a regular annoyance!
Shame on you, Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! Such an easy fix, right in front of your nose!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Going out of my way to log in and reply to this thread to iterate how much I value this feature in the Old UI. Please apply this to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the new Acrobat UI and there was the option "Remember current state of toolpane" which was checked, but still the tool pane was opened when opening a document! Why have the option if it doesn't do any difference? Insane. Good thing you can go back to the old UI. Let's hope they don't take that away from us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree!  This should not open everytime - extremely annoying and time consuming.  Do they not test these programs before rolling out???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New layout is nice, but stop using dirty tricks to get subscriptions. Frustrating! Back to old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got new HP Zbook which has no preinstalled Foxit anymore as last couple of them has been, and didn't want to purchase Foxit, and so I installed Adobe Reader. But after seeing all tools and try7days trial too many times so far, (meaning I have been working today 4 hours), I decided to uninstall Adobe and buy license for Foxit. Thank you and goodbye, it was your own choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not going to click around and check some old UI boxes. Was doing that in the old UI, sorry. You made me leave Adobe Reader. I am not your customer anymore. 

Guys, look around there are plenty of alternatives around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations Adobe for making users leave you for offering terrible user experiences.
It's really annoying that the user doesn't have control over what they use, this tool panel is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a "Reader" anymore. It's an AD application for something else.

Too bad actually, because I don't need those things today and it won't change tomorrow, so there is no point showing me the tools and fees for creating documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every year or so I again try Adobe Acrobat Reader to see if Adobe has ever "wised up" to user complaints.  Nope.  I can get every general purpose use of PDFs via Google Chrome browser without the relentless "ads" in the user interface.  Why would I ever try Adobe Reader again?  Directing users to Adobe feedback is a lost cause.  People such as I have been complaining to Adobe directly for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating that I have to click the X to close the ALL TOOLS PANE every time I open a PDF in order to make the displayed page LARGE ENOUGH TO READ IT!

The OPEN SETTINGS preference "Remember current statet of Tools Pane" DOES NOT WORK!!! PLEASE FIX IT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

When I open a PDF file, this is all I want to see. I don't want to have to click around closing and minimizing your stupidly useless tools and toolbars.  No wonder people don't like to use this reader anymore. I remember loving the reader YEARS and YEARS ago. Lately, I despise it, and would rather use something less intrusive. I'm sorry for my verbiage, but you folks just don't seem to care anymore, so why should I?

Keith35110963yrci_0-1706553672098.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fairly easy to hide.

1) Close the TOOLS pane as you normally would

2) Go into Preferences

3) Select Document on left pane

4) Select Remember Current State

5) Click Okay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you effort but it does NOT work for all pdfs after doing this, only for the current document. We have to repeat this for every single new document, and the point is to solve this once for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's terrible and they don't do anything about it... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines