Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlighter

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I first started to use Adobe Acrobat Reader, I could click once on the highlighter logo and then highlight as much text as I wanted. Now, I cannot anymore. If I want to highlight something, I must click on the logo, highlight the thing, and then click again to highlight another thing, and then click again... It's really annoying to have to click every single time. Is there any way to come back to the first setting which allowed me to highlight for as long as I wanted without having to click back again to the highlighter logo each time?

Thanks

Alice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Open a pdf and select the highlight tool

Press ctrl+e to open tool properties

Check the box that says "Keep tool selected"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a pdf and select the highlight tool

Press ctrl+e to open tool properties

Check the box that says "Keep tool selected"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already used the hghlight behind the text line, but now the highlight has been drawn exactly on the text & makes the text hidden! 
whats the solution?
Of course I know the function of opacity completely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this graffiti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg thank you, I wasn't expecting an answer that fast!

It works

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening that up still doesn't allow me to hightlight text or even select it with upgraded version of Adpbe Acrobat Reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I followed some of the advise and downloaded the .pdf a fourth time and that did the trick. Evidently something was wrong with the other files but with the new version I can hightlight. But, thank you for explaning how to open and keep the tool properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to be able to highlight pdf's easily and was using Adobe Reader in October and it worked well.  I just opened two different pdfs. One I read in October and had highlighted portions of it then.  However, now I seem to no longer be able to highlight a block of text.  If I click and drag the mouse to try to highlight a block of text, no highlighting occurs.  The only way I manage to highlight text is to double click on a word.  Then only the word is highlighted.  

Has something changed in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?  I tried bringing up the settings window with Ctrl+E but don't see an option that would help.  I do have "keep tool selected".

Suggestions?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user who is having this precise issue in Acrobat Pro, and I can't figure it out. She had been using the highlighter to select blocks of text at once, and now she can only double-click to highlight single words at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this problem in Acrobat Pro version 2023.003.20284 64bit for windows.  I have been able to freely highlight for years using my pen or mouse.  Now, I have to double-click each word to get anything highlighted.  Makes it really annoying to annotate a 70-page document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines