• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Home...> Files.>...My computer... How to clear this history ? Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you clear this history ?

Under the main tabs there is Home and Tools

Below Home there is :

Recent

Scans

Files

My Computer

etc etc

Under My computer appears some history ....

How does one clear this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

If you are not familiar with the registry - and your search shows you aren't - DON'T TRY TO EDIT IT. You can leave your system broken forever! Seek expert help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Why want you clear this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the bottom right of the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. The list under recent can be cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes clearing RECENT is possible ... but the question was clearing the history that appears in  the section labeled "My Computer " below Files. I do not mean that I want to clear files in my computer but rather what appears as "My Computer" in Acrobat Reader DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why want you clear this list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list of 'recent folders' that shows under My Computer is stored in the Windows registry:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFolders

There is no way to clear it from within the application itself, but if you delete that registry key (while the application is closed) then it wipes the results without causing any harm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do you get to

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFolders

I searched with these key fords in File manager and it doesn't show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the registry and look for the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not familiar with the registry - and your search shows you aren't - DON'T TRY TO EDIT IT. You can leave your system broken forever! Seek expert help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The correct answer is to use RegEdit with Adobe closed and navigate to:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFolders\

Delete entries c1 to cn

I have not worked out how to prevent this list from repopulating so it will require regular cleaning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting all entries under cRecentFolder, change permission to Read only for cRecentFolder so you don't have to clean it again.

To change permission: Disable inheritance first then uncheck Full Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot change the permission.  Has the procedure changed since the latest post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip. It worked perfectly. I was having trouble (as in, Adone taking mintes to bring up the folder menu for "Sace As:) because some of the saved folders were only availbale while logged onto my organization's VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip. It worked perfectly. I was having trouble (as in, Adone taking mintes to bring up the folder menu for "Sace As:) because some of the saved folders were only availbale while logged onto my organization's VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disregard the reply above ... it is misplaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines