• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can VBA "Enable All Features" when Acrobat runs in Protected View by default

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short, I'm in the Army and have an Access database that uses VBA to populate PDF forms with data. For more info, see: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/filling-adobe-forms-from-access-using-vba.315500...

Trouble is, recently the Army decided to push out an Acrobat policy making it so all PDF documents are opened in Protected mode and it broke the VBA functionality. The form gets created and opened by VBA, but I don't know how to tell VBA to tell Acrobat to "Enable All Features" so it can proceed in filling the data.

Is there a way for VBA to do this or open the form bypassing Protected mode?

I've already tried a sleep or wait command after the form is generated and opened the form then allowing the user to click "Enable All Features" before continuing to the fill process, but that didn't work. I'm almost certain that the form opens in two seperate instances when I do that and it doesn't get enabled for the VBA's instance.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Acrobat SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines