• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How disable Acrobat Reader startup prompts?

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I launch Acrobat Reader it keeps giving me distracting startup prompts that I have not asked for. I have disabled the preference about startup messages but it has no effect on these prompts. Below is an example of such a prompt alongside the abovementioned setting.

Acrobat Reader.png

TOPICS
How to , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MichaelBrooks_FC,

Thank you for reaching out.

The option appears when the application closes abruptly the last time you were using the application. By default, there is no option to disable this feature. 

However, if you still wish to remove this pop-up permanently, we will check with the team if it can be done.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Meenaksi. Apologies for my delayed response - I was on vacation.

I had been under the impression that the message shown was merely one example of the range of messages that I might receive upon opening Acrobat Reader, but having just tested it again it appears that I was incorrect - I just opened Reader and I was not given any such message (unlike prior to disabling the "Show me messages..." option, when I received a variety of messages).

I am happy for this specific message to ignore the setting - this message adds a lot more value than the typical startup message. Do please feel free to close this support request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines