• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I decompress a "compressed" pdf file?

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a document that was delivered as "compressed pdf". I can print it, but in that compressed form the text is very small. How do I decompress it to get it back to it's original size?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

There's nothing much you can do to modify its size. You can look at print options in Acrobat Reader to see if any of the scaling/poster options help you magnify it on printing. You can also use "More options" to print view when you have single page view.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compressed PDF files do not get smaller text, it makes the file size smaller without changing the text size. So what you have is... a PDF that someone made with small text. Nothing to decompress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I have no problem reading the document on the PC  -  I can enlarge it at will. Problem is with the printing of the document. Text is as small as one or two point, and it's extremely difficult to read. So, how do I modify the original message (actually, a brochure) so that it's legible? I'm guessing here, but it looks like the original document is at least 4 - 8.1/2" x 11" pages, while the printout is only two pages. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, there's not much you can do about it. Contact the author and ask them to produce a version of it that's more suitable for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem reading the document on the PC  -  I can enlarge it at will. Problem is with the printing of the document. Text is as small as one or two point, and it's extremely difficult to read. So, how do I modify the original message (actually, a brochure) so that it's legible? I'm guessing here, but it looks like the original document is at least 4 - 8.1/2" x 11" pages, while the printout is only two pages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this the same document as balcroft2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing much you can do to modify its size. You can look at print options in Acrobat Reader to see if any of the scaling/poster options help you magnify it on printing. You can also use "More options" to print view when you have single page view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines