• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I print single sided on a Mac or turn off double-sided printing.

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off double-sided printing on a Mac? The archives had an answer for this question for a PC but I am using a Mac laptop. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

A new help page has been published for this issue: Unable to print double-side or single-side in Acrobat on Mac.

Please let us know how it works for you.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kindly, mkrieger50.  I'll give your suggestion a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I All, I have been struggling with this for a while. I had to Uninstall Printer and UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVER FROM SCRATCH of the brand ( mine was SHARP) and that fixed it. I had to contact the Printer Company to get the setting right but that worked. I hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps on the Help Page that Tariq Dar gave. It all went smoothly until cups.org asked for a UN & PW in order to save the changes. I went to the home page and searched around on cups.org and didn't see where I could login and get a UN & PW. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I received the sign-in box, I tried my computer name and the PW for the computer, and it worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solution involves skills that most end users don't have.  completely unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a website that helps fix this issue. It requires you to access the terminal. https://www.howtogeek.com/309677/how-to-stop-two-side-printing-from-being-the-default-in-macos/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the default for two-sided printing set to "Off" on a MacBook Pro 16" running Catalina 10.15.6.  However, whenever I print, the default shown is two-sided.  Printer is an HP8600 all-in-one and I have downloaded the current driver (June 2020 update).  Apple Support could not resolve the problem and said I'd have to talk with HP, which I haven't done yet.  Any suggestions?  It is very frustrating - I do only legal documents and they are never printed two-sided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you can do is to open the pdf in Preview and print from there. You can select double or single sided as you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who may be still having this problem, here's what worked for me.  When the print dialogue box appears, there is a box at the bottom called "Printer" (it is to the right of "Page Setup").  When I click on it, there is a dialogue box that asks you if you want to continue, so hit yes.  Then a smaller box opens that has print options specific to my printer.  There you will see a box to select two-sided printing.  Make sure it is not checked.  At least that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines