• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reduce the file size in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can reduce the file size in previous versions of Acrobat but I can find how to do it in Acrobat DC. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

‌The option is available in the trial version. Make sure that you don't use Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the menu File > Save as Other...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I tried save as other but it only gives me the option to save as a text, word or excel file. I need to save as a pdf still just a small file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader. Acrobat Reader can't reduce file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm using the trial version. so if I purchase Acrobat DC will option become available to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌The option is available in the trial version. Make sure that you don't use Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. That was my problem. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SAVE AS OTHER doesn't work in the paid version of ADOBE ACROBAT DC. Instead it INCREASED my file. Do you have another suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a other PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried multiple files. This is the purchased version, nothing happens. The files would not change size, none of them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot guarantee files will shrink. It isn’t magic, it does very specific things. For instance, high resolution images are reduced in resolution. You cannot make files smaller just because you have made a requirement to do so, they are already highly compressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've googled this for Adobe DC (not reader), trying to find an answer on a deadline, and I keep landing back on this adobe page. So this question is on the adobe website and adobe can't give us a sentence or two on how to reduce file size?  Adobe, if people need help, maybe you should be answering a question when we pay you a lot of money every month in perpetuity for your product. I know you have a manual that states how to do it. Please paste it into the convo, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did figure out how to use this. It reduced my file size from 22.4mb to 22.13mb woohoo! It almost made a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for starting this conversation.  I figured out how to reduce a 24mb file to 4.5k.  Do a "save as" new file and check the "reduce size" box.  It's the only other way I've found.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I am reviving this topic as I read all the comments, but nothing works, not even saving as another file. In no case it gives me the opportunity to reduce the file size. I don't understand how come this could be available on the trial version and not the paid version ??!!

Would anyone have any clue ???

Thank you,

Romina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see at the menu File > Save as Other... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can just see "Text" or "Word or excel online" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is probably the reason why, yes, although it said I opened DC. Must be an issue with my computer not loading the right software. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines