• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the bar containing "this file claims compliance with the PDF/A standard" from the top of my document in Adobe Acrobat Reader as it wastes space?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in Adobe Acrobat Reader there is a message bar across the top of my screen saying "this file claims compliance with the PDF/A standard and has been opened read-only to prevent modification". But there's no close button on the bar. How do I dismiss it? 

This app is already wasting so much screen space with the title text, then a menu bar, then another tab bar, then ANOTHER menu bar, then this message too. It's ridiculous.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Try this: Under Edit - Preferences - Documents, change the "View documents in PDF/A mode" to "Never".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Under Edit - Preferences - Documents, change the "View documents in PDF/A mode" to "Never".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent tip!!! Compliance with the PDF/A standard is what has been preventing me from redacting documents. – And I don't remember ever setting that. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent tip!!! Compliance with the PDF/A standard is what has been preventing me from redacting documents. – And I don't remember ever setting that. Thank you!!

By @CaseyGuy

It's on by default, as editing a PDF/A file invalidates it, so that it is no more conforming to this standard.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a correct answer. That disables PDF/A mode not the banner. The way it looks, it's a "danger! danger!" warning that PDF/A mode is *BAD*. It's not. Warning people that they can't edit when -- surprise! -- most people don't edit PDFs in Acrobat Reader is dumb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets rid of the banner and allows editing. So it probably made, what the OP wanted to do.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked to me. The banner just disappear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You show the desired part with a Screenshot; I couldn't find it. Why does the page show for me (waiting for the page to load attached)?

How can I save the signature in the Tool section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines