• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable "Preparing" for PDF documents?

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using older version of Adobe Reader DC Continuous (2015.something) and haven't had such issue. But i have since updated to the latest 2017.x version and also wiped out all my previous settings from the registry. And now when i first opened PDF document it notified me about my PC having "screen reader" or something and now it prepares every document for it. If the document is big it takes veeeeery long time before i can actually do something with the document. I can't seem to find a way to disable it for good. I have compared a few installations of AR DC and their settings side by side and disabled everything on my PC, but it again informed me about that mysterious screen reader and i only could press OK (i think) in that window, no way to "Don't ask again and disable", so it again annoys me with that Preparing phase for every PDF document.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

It seems it went away on its own. Maybe after some update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems it went away on its own. Maybe after some update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines