• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set default E-mail application?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the successful installation of the latest update of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2019.008.20074, in an attempt to attach the pdf opened at that time, it no longer opens the Windows Live Mail application but now opens Outlook.

I state that Windows Live Mail is the application that has been set as default in the operating system (Windows 10 in this case) for emails. The association with files of type ".eml" is associated with Windows Live Mail. The "mailto:" protocol is associated with Windows Live Mail.

Would it be possible to set up Windows Live Mail again? Maybe also acting on the Windows registry?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

In Reader, try Edit>Preferences>Email accounts. You should be able to set it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Reader, try Edit>Preferences>Email accounts. You should be able to set it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this. I was able to set the default up as directed, went back in to retry and received the same error. (When I look to see, it still shows: default email application (unknown)). So, the "unknown" has to indicate that my default email is still not set up when I see that in the email account, under preferences, shows my email ! Ugh!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe is opening all my email files and this is not acceptable use of this application. how do I sstop this ?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is a company. What Adobe application are you referring to? What's your OS version?

What do you mean by "email files"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines