Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to use read mode by default

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i tried this link: Hide the Tools panel permanently in Acrobat and Acrobat Reader DC

but its for an older version.

i have the latest version and i want to open read mode by default or at least hide all the tool bars and panel permanently.

how can i do that?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dorp,

As asked, "I want to open in read mode by default" does it mean you are willing to open all the PDFs in Reader-mode every time you click on it?

If yes, then this is something not possible to achieve or there's any specific preferences setting that would allow to do this.

To hide all the Toolbars, first you can follow the steps suggested here: Permanently close the Tools pane in Acrobat Reader DC

Or, Open Reader>View> Show/Hide>Toolbars items> Page controls>Hide Page controls

As well as, Right click on Menu-Bar at the top>Hide Quick Tools.

For further customization, you can refer to this Customization Wizard: Tools Customization (DC)

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first of all, thanks for your help!

I meant to use read mode by default and always, as you said, its not possible.

there is nothing else i will do that will help because i will just continue to get in the PDF and use read mode.

is there a way to suggest or request a new feature from adobe to add to the new version?

while i searched for a solution i saw a lot of people wants that feature and for a long time also.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! thanks for understanding.

Your feedback is valuable for us.  Use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features-Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines