• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks aren't working when converting from MS Word file

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My file was exported from a Microsoft Word document to a PDF with a few hyperlinks (that work in MS Word). When opening the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader the link shows up as "{ HYPERLINK "https://www.dropbox./sh/oxilpr536xrko7q/AAByZYb_O9508FELyBeIuxzBa?dl=0" }" instead of the name it was saved as. 

I've tried setting up a new document and inputting all hyperlinks again with the same result.

I also contacted MS and made sure the error was not on their side.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jodie

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear about your experience. As described the hyperlinks are not working when Word file is converted to PDF

Would you mind sharing the steps you did to create the PDF from the Word file? Saving as PDF or Exporting as PDF from MS Word 'File menu' is the Microsoft's process of PDF creation.

I have found a similar discussion on Microsoft support page here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_mac-mso_mac2016/how-to-retain-h... please check if that works for you.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a freeware application with limited functionality. It is used for reading, annotating and fill and sign the PDF documents. For more information about Acrobat Reader DC please check the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/faq.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for this - I saved the PDF by going to 'File', 'Export', 'Create
PDF'.
I also tried: 'Save As', then at 'File Type' I clicked 'PDF FIle'. Both of
these methods resulted in the same problem.

I have used this method plenty of times before and it has worked fine so
I'm not sure why it is malfunctioning all of a sudden.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks!

--
Jodie Reid

[PI Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a function of Word, it has nothing to do with Reader, which is not able of creating PDF files on its own.

You should post your question in a Microsoft forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines