Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Bernd is correct. You are getting that message because your web browser is not using Reader to try and open the PDF. Many of them have their own pdf viewers and they don't always do a great job at opening pdf files. Especially if they are forms of a certain type. You need to right-click (or whatever the equivalent is on a Mac), choose to save the pdf, open Reader then use File>Open to open the pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. But how about let's start with some details like, what version of Reader you are using, where you are getting the pdf from, what steps are you taking to open it and what exactly happens when you try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC-from canada.ca a questionnaire-352 KB-I click-a note says

Please wait and if it is not downloading upgrade your Adobe reader-which I did for MAC-and I dit it again and the questionnaire is never there downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the PDF file and open it in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernd is correct. You are getting that message because your web browser is not using Reader to try and open the PDF. Many of them have their own pdf viewers and they don't always do a great job at opening pdf files. Especially if they are forms of a certain type. You need to right-click (or whatever the equivalent is on a Mac), choose to save the pdf, open Reader then use File>Open to open the pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that the right click doesn't offer a save option, so you can't open it Adobe. This is again Canada Immigration, the most unfriendly site in the world. Needs scrapping and starting again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am. not able to download my pdf document on Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rita36455360a6c1,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know where you are trying to download the PDF. 

If you are trying to download a PDF from an Acrobat online account, try the steps suggested under "Manage file > To download a file" in the following help document: https://adobe.ly/3vCry7q

Let us know if you are referring to another issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This article shows download being available, but the current version of acrobat does not, the feature was removed. I can only imagine it was to 'encourage' people to store all their PDFs on adobe's servers and only share links to them. BUt this isn't the way peopl work, and is very confusing. I can imagine the conversation in the boardroom that this is a great product strategy to encourage adoption, but folks, this is so out of touch. Please reconsider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines