• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to use just the old Adobe Reader without having to login.

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to just read pdf files using the reader.  But since I bought the full package it forces me to login, whether I want to use the tools or not.  This is an issue as we are 3 in the office and only 2 can work at a time.  Now only 2 can read a document at a time too which is unacceptable as the reader was free.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tania28970967nc76,

Thank you for reaching out.

If you use the 64-bit application, there is a single installer for both applications (Acrobat and Reader). Installing Acrobat Reader 64-bit and signing in with your Adobe ID (used to purchase the subscription) converts it to Acrobat's full version. It is not possible to use Acrobat Reader as a separate application. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meenakshi,

Do I understand you correctly?  If I have purchased the full suite of Adobe I am no longer able to use the free reader?  SO I am actually punished and limited now?  

This makes no sense to me.  

Do I have to download a different programme's PDF reader?

Thanks,

Tania

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Tania28970967nc76,

If you are using the Acrobat individual subscription, it should not be an issue. You could install Reader; however, with a subscription ID, it converts to Acrobat's full version. We cannot do much here as this is a designed behavior. 

As you need to just read PDF, You may remove the Acrobat. Then install Acrobat Reader and skip the sign-in window.  

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines