Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Randomly Display at Acrobat Reader startup

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Every time I open Adobe Acrobat Reader, it displays random images and I have to click the X to close it every.single.time. It is getting to be really annoying.

I have the Creative Cloud Desktop install and am subscribed to Photoshop and Illustrator as well.

Anyone can help me in turning it off? Adobe Reader Version 2021.007.20099, 64-bit.

Thank you.
Richard.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Hope you are doing well.

As mentioned in the issue description that you are getting a pop-up window on Reader DC startup. Here is a discussion thread on a similar issue. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/multiple-pop-ups-on-file-opening/m-p/12432...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Harsh but this does not help me, unfortunately. I'm not logged in to log out and then back in again. Trying to log in to see if that helps presents a spinning login window (image attached). I've unnistalled once and reinstalled and that did not help. I might have to install another Reader in order to get away from this issue.

Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Try these steps:

1. Repair the application from the control panel.

2. If there is an antivirus installed then disable it for a few minutes, close all the adobe background processes from the task manager, and then open Acrobat again. Is it still showing the pop-up window?

(Enable the Antivirus protection back this is just for testing purposes)

3. If there is some VPN application installed then disconnect and then check if it works.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harsh,

No, that did not work. Hopefully it will be fixed in another update. Thank you for your suggestions.

Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

The issue is under investigation by our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix. We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. My pop-up windows also crashes and restarts all the time until you click X.

Regards,

Henk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines