• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ineffective Security

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to encrypt and prevent copying and print of my pdf documents.

The problem I am facing is that when I am sharing my pdf documents the default reader on the users endpoints is the browser, and in using the browser to open the pdf documents, the users are able to copy out the data and use the print option.

This is either a weak flaw by Adobe or I am missing something in the settings.

I hope it is the latter

Cheers

npotts001

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF and browsers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Some PDF viewers ignores the security settings of PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some PDF viewers ignores the security settings of PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rules are there, but some software makers just ignore them. PDF is public so this can happen. When you view PDF in Chrome, for example, the software you use is made by Google, not by Adobe. You should get a warning when first setting security that some third party software will ignore it. Not ideal, but good to know how it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is not the only issue. If you print a Acrobat secured pdf using Microsoft Prinit to PDF, it essentially clears all the security that you have put on the pdf and anyone who has a paid subscription to Acrobat Pro can edit the pdf.

I'm afraid I disagee with Test Screen Name's comment. This is not good enough from Adobe - if the problem is because pdf is public then Adobe should state explicitly that the document cannot be secured, not just a warning to say some pdf viewers ignores the security settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines