• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interacting the Adobe PDF from HTML page

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm loading the PDF in iframe which uses Adobe reader to display the PDF. I need to interact with the PDF bookmarks from HTML page. Could anyway to acheive this.

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Santhosh25922936h5am 

Hope you are doing well.

I need to interact with the PDF bookmarks from HTML page. Could anyway to acheive this.

Would you mind elaborating and shedding some more light on this? Are those some specific sets/types of PDFs?

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

I had two panels on the left side we are displaying the text with hyperlinks and on the right panel loading a PDF document which consists of bookmarks in it within a iframe. Now, i need to trigger those bookmarks from left panel which is in HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each web browser has a PDF viewer made by the browser's maker. For example, Google make the PDF viewer for Chrome. Apple make the PDF viewer for Safari. There is no standard for interacting with a PDF in a browser, but you might find particular things that work for particular browsers. Unfortunately, none of the browser makers offer documentation or support on such things. (I read that as a "no", but it isn't an absolute "impossible").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any browser specific addons to interact with PDF using jQuery/javascript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The browser addons we can use are the ones made by the browser maker (Google, Firefox, Apple, Microsoft...) and included with the browser. Other people can't add support like this if the browser maker didn't add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines