• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to add a second signature (Adobe Acrobat Reader DC)?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (the free version).  I've added my signature but I'd like to add a second signature to my same user.  Is it possible to do it?

Thanks!

Daniela

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Hi Anubha,

thank you for your help.  I've just realized I can add a second signature to 'Fill & Sign' using the second option 'initials' as I can add an image to it as well.

Would you know if a 3rd image can be added to 'Fill & Sign'?  Now I don't find any other option in 'Fill & Sign' that can allow me to do it.

Thanks and regards,

Daniela

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danielas54779922,

If you using Fill & Sign, then yes a second signature can be added.

But, you can add a digital signature twice as the document gets restricted for editing post signing.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubha,

thank you for your help.  I've just realized I can add a second signature to 'Fill & Sign' using the second option 'initials' as I can add an image to it as well.

Would you know if a 3rd image can be added to 'Fill & Sign'?  Now I don't find any other option in 'Fill & Sign' that can allow me to do it.

Thanks and regards,

Daniela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniela,

After adding signature and initials, you can add third signature by removing the previous one saved and then adding the new one.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And no second Signature??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in getting the answer to this follow on question. I have the ability to use my signature and initials to add either of those to a document. I would like to be able to use my wife's signature as well. Is that possible to load her signature into the program data base? If so, how do I do that without deleting either my signature or initials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to know the answer to this as well.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys - I agree, how can we add three signatures? There is no help section on this. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you want to create multiple digital signature fields in a document you will need Acrobat PRO. In each of the Digital Signature Properties pop-up windows, navigate to the Signed tab, select the Mark as read-only: radio button, then select All fields except these in the drop-down menu to the right of this field. Select the Pick... icon and select

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use "Stamp" under "comment" tool. You can creart many signatures this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use stamp it also attached the background.  The signature does not add this block to the signature.  Is there any other way to add a signature?  I also would like to add another signature in addition to the signature and initials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a stamp with transparent background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that? I have DC Pro but did not see that option when creating a stamp.

[Private info removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible with Photoshop or Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I'm switching from Nitro to Adobe DC, but will have to switch back as Adobe can only handle one signature.  This is stupidly inconvenient for any household with more than one person.  With Nitro, you can have as many signatures as you want.  C'mon Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For real Adobe.  What gives.  The older version of Pro / Reader you could have as many signatures as needed for aform.  Why would mess this up?  I'm here trying to trouble shoot all these forms we have created in the past and now that all systems are being pushed out with DC on them, none of our forms are working.  So frustrating to say the least!  Some forms are going to REQUIRE more than one signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The older version of Pro / Reader you could have as many signatures as needed for aform.

It was never possible at Fill & Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround is to create and use the first signature on the document.  Delete the signature from Adobe.  Create a new second signature, then add the new signature to the document.

It's clunky, but it allows multiple signatures on the same document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the suggestion of a previous post of using a stamp and it works extremely well.  First, I don't think some of the early post understood the question/problem.  Many of us need to sign documents as a couple; requiring two different signature.  I'm no professional or expert, however for the life of me, I could not find a way to store a second signature in the "fill & sign".  The suggestions of adding, using and then deleting and then adding a new signature every time really seem bonkers.....maybe it just me. So let me share step by step how I fixed the situation:

• sign signature using a sharpe on a full letter size paper making it as large as possible
  • scan signature and save as a jpg file
  • using "Publisher" create a new publication and insert the saved jpg signature.
  • crop blank space to create a small area around signature
  • under picture format, drop down the recolor icon 
  • set as transparent color by clicking on the blank background of signature
  • save image.
  • back to adobe, under tools open comment tool
  • find the stamp tool, drop down to custom stamp and choose create
  • upload your saved signature image
  • pick a category to save to (I used "sign here") and give it a name (I used hubby)

bingo, you have a permanent second signature !  to use it:

• drop down stamp, use the category where you saved signature and scroll down to the name of saved signature
  • click cancel on Identity set up
  • move and shrink signature to where needed
  • click outside stamp area to set it place.

Hope this can help others with this annoying issue.  And if there is another way, Please share, would love to learn it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else can be used if you don't have publisher? I have to create the signatures on an iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to using Nitro. You can have as many signatures as you want including initials.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can use Paint, paint.net or many other free image editing tools, or the remove.bg website to get the image clean and transparent. Even MS Word and Excel have suitable tools in the 'Picture Format' tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines