Issue with PDF showing unreadable in Adobe Reader but looks fine in Chrome

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that shows unreadable (random characters in PDF) in Adobe Reader but looks fine in Chrome.

This is only happening to 1 person.  If I view it in Adobe Reader it looks fine.   Both machines running current version of Adobe Reader and have even uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Reader on the machine where it looks unreadable.

snippit of what the PDF looks like on users screen:

Jes5E85_0-1615909892414.png

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jes

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the the PDF is un-readable in one of the user machine and displays fine on your computer also it displays well in chrome.

It seems to be the font issue as the required font is not installed on the user machine the pdf is not being displayed properly. Also, web browsers use their own PDF mechanism to display and render the PDF and they are not Adobe dependant.

Please ask the user to try the following steps and see if that helps.

Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Rendering > Select 'Use Local Fonts' Click Ok and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried that and the user already had that option checked.  Also I think I stated if I open the file on my computer it displays just fine in Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end. For info about sharing the PDF please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines