Exit

Issues opening multiple PDF's

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We recently updated our machines to Adobe Reader DC 19.08.20081

Simultaneously we updated Windows 10 to 1803.

After these updates we have discovered an issue opening more than one PDF at a time.

Users can open the first PDF normally. Once the reader is open, however a second PDF cannot be opened by clicking on the PDF. Double clicking will add the PDF the to recent files in Windows, but it does not create a new tab or window in Adobe Reader.

What does work: A user can open a subsequent PDF in the File>Open menu, by going to the Home tab and double clicking on a PDF in the recent files, or by dragging a PDF file into the reader.

I have also discovered that by disabling Protected Mode it will work normally, however we would rather not disable this.

I added the location of the files to the Privileged locations, but this also does not allow the files to open correctly. All the workarounds continue to work.

We tested this version of Adobe in a previous version of Windows and did not have the issue, so it seems to be something in Windows that Adobe is not playing nicely with. We confirmed this by testing a previous version of Adobe on a device with Windows 10 1803 and could duplicate the issue. So it's definitely something in 1803 that is breaking Adobe Reader.

Any assistance resolving this would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!! This fixed it on my computer!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I'm very impressed how much free work everyone is willing to do for Adobe. I certainly wouldn't spend my own money on them, and advise my clients to go elsewhere too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines