Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It is displayed that the update failed.

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is displayed that the update failed. The content of the dialog is
"This is a probrem with this Windows Installer package. A Program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contace your support personal or package vendor. Action InstallWebResources, location: C: \ Program files (x86) \ Adobe \ Acrobat Reader DC \ Reader \ AcroCEF \ RdrServicesUpdater.exe, command: 21.001.20135 20.013.20064.0 "

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hello All,

This issue is addressed with the latest update we released today. https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe

Thanks,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment is Windows 10 Pro 20H2 64bit RAM 16GB VC++ Runrime is installed on 2013 x86, 2013 x64, 2015-2019 x86, 2015-2019 x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the same - it does not install.

Different systems (Win 20H2, 2004, 1607 LTSB - same Error) 1722.

Visuals C++ 2013 is also installed.

It does not work per auto-Update from Adobe, also not per msp direct install. Always the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

Thank you for reaching out. 
We have a help document for a similar issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/error-1722--there-is-a-problem-with-this-windows-installer-pac... 
Let us know how it works for you. 

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No it does not work. Visual C++ Redistributable Package is already installed, 32 and 64 bit.

It occures on different machines. Last Update 20074 did run without errors.

Also Adobe Acrobat Pro DC ist affected with same problem.

Matthias

P.s. I opened a case in my Admin Console

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not work.

As mentioned above, Visual C++ Redistributable Package is already installed, 32 and 64 bit.

Last Update 20074 did run without errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error when no user logged on. The msp (21.001.20135) is succesfully installed if user is logged on.
Distributing with SCCM and has worked fine for many years.

C:\windows\temp error log on client machine
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallWebResources, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroCEF\RdrServicesUpdater.exe, command: 21.001.20135 20.013.20074.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I am logged on to windows.
I don't know what else I need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 

Since 2016 I generate my update packages on the "Base-EXE" and use slipstream integration with the latest update file.
But this month the installation on my clients failed with:

Product: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallWebResources, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroCEF\RdrServicesUpdater.exe, command: 21.001.20135 20.013.20074.0

Product: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC MUI -- Configuration failed.

I tried to update my clients (automatically install over the 20.013.20074.0) and I tried to do a fresh installation with an new client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

We are aware of this issue and the issue is currently being worked upon. I will keep this discussion updated as soon I get an update about the fix.

Thank you for your patience.

~Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to update with the following command. I wait for the official fix.
C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /p AcroRdrDCUpd2100120135.msp INSTALLUWPAPP=NO /qb-!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

This issue is addressed with the latest update we released today. https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....

Thanks,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello All,

This issue is addressed with the latest update we released today. https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....

Thanks,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines