• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe Acrobat Reader free version support layers?

I have always used this to print sewing patterns in a single size but it seems to have stopped working.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer is yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. This box referencing "assistive technology" keeps popping up and I have no idea how to complete it. When I choose the first option the layers options are dimmed. I am SO frustrated!

82A813AB-654B-4257-A835-A4127793CA6B.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the dimmed layer options. Indeed, they aren't connected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B395AE2E-9BF2-49FC-8B68-92F1B77A82A8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything you can do to help is very much appreciated. I had promised my granddaughter a new dress but I am completely stymied by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the screen shot on Layers. What it's actually showing you is a file with no layers at all (or if you prefer, just one layer that's always there). Here are some thoughts

1. Check through all pages of the file. It might be that it spreads the patterns over differerent pages instead of making them layers.

2. Be sure you didn't save the pattern by "print to PDF". It doesn't look as if you did, but if you save it that way you will lose all the layers.

3. Otherwise, mention this to the people who sell the pattern, so they can check it or give you special instructions.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After reading your Thought #2 I decided to re-download the original file from the website onto my husband's computer and it all works perfectly. Somehow in the saving and transferring something must have happened.  I really appreciate your help.  Thankyou so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the relationship between the printing of layers and the reading order...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines