• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Users cannot print secured pdf documents after adobe update

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac users are not able to print secured documents after Adobe updated the Acrobat software a couple of days ago. Please fix right away. My clients cannot print their secured documents we sent over with permission to print!

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update i am unable to print pdf at all on my Mac/HP combination. The same files printed oke before the update. Printing from Mac's own pdf program works fine but I cannot print just 1 layer with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the HPSmart app and reinstalled my printer through the app and now it will print. I don't know if this will help but I hope so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alice,

Thanks for reporting the issue here.

We tried the Printing workflow with several secured file(s) at our end but the issue is not reproducible to us In-House.

Can you share some more information regarding the issue :

1. The workflow, how are you guys trying to print the Secured PDFs
  2. MAC OS version using
  3. Acrobat/Reader version installed
  4. Printer used for printing (also is the same network printer/air-printer/plugged-in device)
  5. Is the same happening to every single password protected file? or the issue is limited to a set of secured file(s)
  6. Is any other file, other than secured PDF file is printable using the same configuration

Use the Cleaner Tool to remove the already installed version of Acrobat.

We can try re-installing Acrobat to ensure the issue is not due to incorrect installation.

Download Link

Please let us know, if this fixes the issue. 

Also do ket us know if anything is required from our end.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we usually do is that we add a password to protect the documents to
open and add another password for edit documents. We give permission to
print in high resolution to all clients. We never had any problem before
and had sent out hundreds of documents. After the Adobe update, a few of
our Apple computer users reported having problems printing without
entering a password and the password to open the documents does not work!
[image: Printing Problem Reported from Clients-p.png]
We didn't do anything different creating the documents but problems arise
right after the update of the software! All clients reporting problems
sent me the same screen. I believe they didn't use Adobe to open the
documents but regardless, any software that can open the documents with a
password should be able to print like before. I could not possibly force
all of my clients to install Adobe Acrobat just to print the documents out
if they don't prefer to do so! Please advise..

We did not install the software, it was updated automatically by Adobe when
we opened the software!

*Regards,*

*Alice.Kwan

[Email, phone number removed by Mod: please remove your personal info from the signature]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alice,

Thanks for responding back.

So, it seems the issue is not with Printing the password protected file but creating one instead. 

Can you share a screenshot/screen-recording (Command+Shift+5) of the error message observed while prnting.

Can we also check for another file that is password protected; are we able to open the same and print it.

Sample File( Password - TESTER )

or 

Sample File( Password - TESTER ) - Also Attached

Please try to open the same, entering the provided password and print if file is openable.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alice,

Adding to Swapnil's Response.
Can you please let us know the Pdf Viewer used by your users for Viewing and Printing?
Also, can you also try Protecting the file with Acrobat 7 & Later and let us know if the issue is resolved?
Refer Screenshot to change default encryption to Acrobat 7 & later
Steps:-
1. Open Pdf
2. Go to Document Properties -> Password Security
3. Change Compatibility Mode to Acrobat 7 & later.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Abhinav Sethi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abhinav,

I create PDF teaching resources that I sell on a market place.  I've been doing this for ten years, and just started having this MAC printing problem about a year ago (August, 2020).   The PDF's I create are secured to protect the clip art that is licensed (so it can't be copied), but customers need to be able to print without problems.   Approximately 2% of my customers email me saying they can't print without a password.  They are all MAC users, and I have no idea which version they are using.  I simply can't ask them.  They get upset this is happening and aren't all that tech savvy.

I followed your above directions and diagrams, but the checkbox in Adobe allows for printing and editing combined.  This defeats the purpose of what I am doing.  How can I allow teachers to print, without also allowing customers to edit and/or copy items in the document?  Since this has been happening for a year now, I'm hoping Adobe has more insight into this.  I called about a year ago, and the guy spent an hour on the phone with me, but was unable to offer any solutions at that time.

Thanks!

Dee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines