• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Zoom in Adobe Acrobat Reader

Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume there has been some kind of update to Reader and now the tool at the top that allowed you to pick your zoom level in a drop-down is gone. I can't find the equivalent to the old Zoom in the menus anywhere. I may have to move to some other Win10 compatible PDF viewer, this is just too awkward to use, now. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Hi

Option + F8 (Alt+F8 on Windows) will reset your tools to their defaults. You can also customize the toolbar:

• View > Show Hide > Toolbar Items > Show Select and Zoom > enable the ones you want
  • Right-click in the toolbar and choose the group of tools

"Zoom Level" is the one with the drop down.

jane-e_0-1619903946980.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Option + F8 (Alt+F8 on Windows) will reset your tools to their defaults. You can also customize the toolbar:

• View > Show Hide > Toolbar Items > Show Select and Zoom > enable the ones you want
  • Right-click in the toolbar and choose the group of tools

"Zoom Level" is the one with the drop down.

jane-e_0-1619903946980.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jane.
I see now there are Zoom tools there, they are just all changed from what they were before and have unhelpful icons that don't communicate meaningfully for me. If I click on the Pan & Zoom one (I can get to a percentage zoom box though it's not a nice clean drop-down menu like there was before this update. 

It would more helpful if Adobe is going to change an interface that's been a certain way for a long time if they would  provide a wizard or pop-up in the new edition the first time the program is opened and explain the changes. I used to work with the Acrobat editor version on the job I retired from and the Reader only version should make it as easy as possible for people to navigate and view a PDF because that is the primary function (except for the odd form with fillable fields that organizations may distribute.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume there has been some kind of update to Reader

By @e_canuck

Also, you posted to Acrobat but asked about the Reader. Can you confirm which you are using? My screen shot is from Reader, but the instructions to restore the tools are the same for both.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Acrobat to Actobat Reader because they are 2 different products.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines