• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My emailed PDFs show blank pages on receiving side.

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Google Chrome and the latest Acrobat DC reader on a two year old laptop. There has never been any kind of issues sending, receiving, printing or opening a PDF until recently. I either download or scan documents into a pdf file then attached at the bottom of my emails inside Gmail. I've done this for years with no issues. I can view, open and print with no problems on my end. 

I have multiple recipients tell me they only get blank pages on their end. I've tried removing and reloading the software, checked for updates, unchecked security boxes inside the software as well as contacted Adobe customer care who remotely connected to my computer, they found everything seemed normal but couldn't explain. 

Lastly, when a recipient sends my email back with the same PDF, I also only get blank pages of the document. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Thank you graffiti for your input.

After more investigation by my IT team, it was discovered that one of the three networked scanners used was either not fully compatible with Windows 10 or not compatible with newer usb ports. The scanner in question was a Visioneer Strobe 500. The challenge was that the scanner performed normally when used and any document scanned formatted properly into a pdf inside the computer. The document could be saved, opened, viewed and printed inside multiple browsers i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have content in the PDF when opened in Adobe Acrobat Reader before you attach it to your gmail but you don't afterward, it likely isn't Reader. Chrome uses its own pdf viewer and not the Adobe Reader plugin. I'm not sure if it can remove content from the pdf file but I won't say that it can't. That would be something to bring up in a Chrome forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you graffiti for your input.

After more investigation by my IT team, it was discovered that one of the three networked scanners used was either not fully compatible with Windows 10 or not compatible with newer usb ports. The scanner in question was a Visioneer Strobe 500. The challenge was that the scanner performed normally when used and any document scanned formatted properly into a pdf inside the computer. The document could be saved, opened, viewed and printed inside multiple browsers including, Explorer, Chrome and Acrobat. It was only after a document was emailed did pages show up blank on the receiving end. I hope this post can help people with similar issues in the future.

Thanks again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for sharing your findings, JR2019  

I am sure this would help others to look at different possible causes for their issue and may help others to fix their issues.

I appreciate it.

-Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and just posted a query. Tariq, the user did NOT post the SOLUTION. He/she clearly says this:

It was only after a document was emailed did pages show up blank on the receiving end.

THAT is the PROBLEM. WHY does an emailed pdf attachemnt show up BLANK on the other end??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very likely related to the application they're using to open the file with. Ask them what it is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue where emailing a pdf (verizon invoice downloaded to pdf) resulted in the receiver getting blank pages, unreadable fonts. Downloading the adobe acrobat reader to the person's computer allowed them to be able to read the pdf successfully. The emailed pdf was complete, their browswer just wasn't able to display it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the same scanner and computer for quite some time without a problem.  Now I have many people respond to that the pdf file I scanned with my Documate 6440 scanner and emailed them through outlook are blank.   The only thing I can think of that changed was our office now uses Office 365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem with PDFs that were scanned from my Documate 6440.  It is not a good fix but I found that if I opened the pdf on my computer and then printed it as a pdf file and saved it, the receiver could then see the document.  I also use Office 365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using full version Adobe CC on a Win 10 system. I create documents with a few pages in InDesign. The text is done in InDesign, images are created in Photoshop and Illustrator. I export the docs as PDFs and they look beautiful. When I email them to clients various images will not appear or a page may be blank completely. The same thing happens when I email them to myself. If I zip the file then email it, then the unzipped file is OK. This is not a solution as sometimes PDFs are uploaded and zipped files are not accepted. This is hurting my livelyhood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. It started in November 2023. When I upload a PDF file and attach it to an email the receiver of the email is saying that my attachment is blank. Why is this happening and is there a fix solution? This is causing me major issues in getting business done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines