• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My text looks different once exported to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I don't know if it's an issue with Microsoft programs or Acrobat, but my text looks different once exported to PDF. Both documents say they are in Outfit SemiBold, but they appear differently? The fonts are all well embedded, I even checked the settings in Microsoft Publisher to be sure, so I don't know what the issue is. My Acrobat is even set to use local fonts. I had that same issue exporting things from PowerPoint (with the same font), so I'm starting to wonder if it's just this font's issue? I re-installed the font to make sure it wasn't corrupted as well..

Comparison: (original, after exported)

Lily26263844xoj1_0-1663957173594.pngLily26263844xoj1_1-1663957185576.png

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

I did now test your font with Publisher and with InDesign. The InDesign-created documents work as expected. The Publisher-created documents work as you experienced it. I think that there is an issue with the dynamic behaviour of this font and that Publisher does not create the PDF correctly.

Abambo_0-1664191424982.png

The solution I propose is, to uninstal the font, download the fonts from https://fonts.google.com and install the static versions of the fonts. That works in Publisher too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Where did you have the font from? I've found a Google font of that name.

Second: How did you create your PDF file? Did you use Publisher?

Third: Even that Adobe invented the PDF file format, it is now an ISO standard, out of control of Adobe. Any one wishing to do so, can create PDF files. Adobe is just creating software to create and display PDF files. The problem may have nothing to do with Adobe.

May be, you could share the PDF file with us, and we can check to see if we detect some kind of error.

I'll be moving this from Type & Typography into the Acrobat forum for now. I suppose you are using the free Acrobat Reader.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I used the .TTF provided by the company I'm working for, but it seems to be the same as the one on Google Fonts.
2. Yes, I created the PDF from Publisher.

3. As I said, it might also just be an issue with my system or with Microsoft Publisher. I haven't tested creating the file from another computer.

I am using the paid Acrobat Reader since it was provided to me, here's the PDF, so you can check!  I've provided the font file as well, in case that it might be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as a paid Adobe Reader. Adobe Reader is free software. It's either the paid Acrobat (please give us the version you're using) or the free Acrobat Reader (we would also like to see the version). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I thought there was since I only recalled them saying they gave me a full Creative Cloud license(I figured Acrobat was part of the paid programs) thank you for clarifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you are making the font bold in Publisher (B button etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't use the font bold option, I really changed my fonts "Outfit SemiBold". I'll try and use the font bold to see if it makes a difference 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the font bold didn't change anything, sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the first image (thick letters) is Powerpoint, and the second image (thin letters) is Acrobat/Reader?

I downloaded your font. Double clicked on the file. You can see

1. The font you uploaded is called Outfit thin.

2. The letters are very thin.

(To see image return to forum).

TestScreenName_0-1664187956849.png

This seems to say, PowerPoint is wrong. Note that there will be many different Outfit fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, read "Publisher" for "Powerpoint" in my reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did now test your font with Publisher and with InDesign. The InDesign-created documents work as expected. The Publisher-created documents work as you experienced it. I think that there is an issue with the dynamic behaviour of this font and that Publisher does not create the PDF correctly.

Abambo_0-1664191424982.png

The solution I propose is, to uninstal the font, download the fonts from https://fonts.google.com and install the static versions of the fonts. That works in Publisher too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines