• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd size letters and fonts

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, why are PDF files coming to me with all odd fonts?  I have had several recently where the font is all mixed up like the attached.  Any idea how i can fix this?e0f8bb06021256853297b7de2e3368f1.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using Windows 10 and Adobe Reader  DC latest Version. Another Example from a different PDF f36edd1d119baa4df6719df9040979f1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is related to the fonts used in the PDFs you want to display. They may be damaged or not embedded correctly into the PDF, so your Reader tries to replace them with a suitable font from your local system. It's also possible that those PDFs have been created with such a poor PDF tool, that those internal structure is totally rubbish and does not fit PDF standards. Reader can manage some flaws to make the PDF still viewable but it won't fix the PDF. In those cases you can only ask the author of the PDF to create a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's not on my end? I have had 5 seperate pdfs sent to me that all look the same? Is there anyway i can fix it on my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the same PDF file on two other computers using Adobe Reader DC and they open fine, so the file itself appears to be ok (the file also opens fine in Edge and Chrome).  I also downloaded another program called PDF X-Change Editor but it also had the same display issue.

I uninstalled Adobe Reader and deleted the Adobe folders under C:\Users\username\AppData (local and roaming), reinstalled Adobe Reader from the Adobe website, but same issue.

Checking the fonts under properties of one of the PDF files, all of the fonts appear to be on the computer under the C:\Windows\Fonts folder.

Have also tried enabling/disabling “Page Display” - “Use local fonts” under preferences and restarted Adobe Reader but no change.  Are there any other settings/preferences somewhere that could be reset that might help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines