• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Onedrive shared pdf for collaboration won't open in browser

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague has shared a pdf document with me through onedrive so that I can make edits.

When I attempt to open the file through the link sent to me in Outlook, I receive the following error message in internet browser and the file doesn't open:

Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download. For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

We have the latest version downloaded.  I can download the pdf file and open the file but this defeats the purpose of sharing through onedrive and not having to worry about managing different versions.  Would love to get this working I'm constently being sent pdfs to edit through onedrive.

Thank you.

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Faisal

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to open the PDF file in browser and getting the above mentioned error message.

You are trying to open a Dynamic XFA (XML Form Architecture) PDF. To view such pdf documents, we recommend you to download the file locally and open it either in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

For more information, please check out the help article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-won-t-display-please-wait/td-p/4788543

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your response. 

Unfortunatley, as I mentioned, downloading the file is not a solution that will work for me in this situation. 

I actually found a work around to the problem.  I copied the cloud link to the file, pasted this link into file explorer which resulted in file explorer opening the file in Adobe Reader with the functionality to check in/out the document from sharepoint.  I was able to edit the file without having to download it and the owner of the file was able to see my edits.

Hopefully this work around will benefit others with the same problem.

Regards,

Faisal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines