• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Orientation Images problems

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image orientation issue with a PDF form.

When I import an image, it positions itself in the wrong orientation. For example... If my image is vertical, it becomes horizontal. And the opposite. Or upside down. I need help! Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Mac , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sophieg,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As the image orientation changes on importing an image in PDF, please let us know if there is a form field added to the PDF for the image. If not, please share the steps you do to add an image to the PDF.

Also, check if this issue occurs on other PDFs as well.

If the issue occurs with this particular file, would you mind sharing that PDF with us?

What is the application and OS version on your machine?

It would be helpful if you share more details about the issue.

We will be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Meenakshi,

Yes, I added a field to the form to add a photo.

I send you the PDF file here: https://marysemartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Mon-journal-de-grossesse-actif.pdf
I am using the latest version of Adobe Reader and I'm with MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6

I also show you what happen here : https://www.loom.com/share/083a557048b84b6eb1983697cca14ac8

Still waiting for help,

Sophie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too. I cannot image why Adobe never even replied to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venessa Sylvester,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for the trouble.

Are you trying to add the image to a form? If yes, you can change the properties when importing the image using the form filed properties. 

If not, you might have to manually rotate the image or check if the file is rotated to a specific degree in the explorer or finder.

Hope this answers your question.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only properties I can access when I click on the image field is Button Properties. I see nothing about field properties.

When using Adobe Reader (free), my students cannot find any way to rotate the photo they bring into a picture field. The photos are rotated correctly before importing. Can you send a screenshot or something that shows what they should click on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venessa Sylvester,

So, this will not work with Acrobat Reader. It has to be done using Acrobat Pro DC.

Once you are on the Prepare Form page and click on the properties for the Image Field, you will get the option for Orientation on the General Tab.

SS_0-1662746215829.png

You may refer to the above screenshot for reference.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are usingAdobe Reader unfortunately.

Why is Adobe Reader rotating them (-90°) when imported, since the file is correctly oriented before being placed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Venessa Sylvester,

If the main form can be edited and circulated among them, they can import the files correctly as required. 

It depends upon the default values selected on how the image imports to the field.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Setting default values where—Reader or somewhere else? The photos are rotated correctly before they are put into the field.

The main form cannot be edited, but they can fill in the supplied fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines