Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf as an attachment crashes

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
suddenly on a PC with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, trying to send the PDF as an attachment, the wheel turned and nothing happened. I had to:
- uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader
- restart the PC
- download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader
- change the setting in Outlook from cache to non-cache
- perform the test sending as an attachment in an e-mail
- change the setting in Outlook from cache to non-cache

Why does this happen? What can it depend on?

Thanks.

Luca Samiolo

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @EDP3 Eurosicma 

Sorry for the trouble you are facing while sending attachment. What is the error message you are getting while sending a PDF file as an email attachment using Adobe Reader? Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error you get? To post a screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Make sure that you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed, check for any pending updates from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Refer and try the suggestion from the following help article and see if that resolves the issue Attach to email option is not working | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC

You may also refer to How to use the email icon to directly send file as attachment

Are you on Mac or Windows machine and what is the version installed?

What is the version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know how it goes and update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no errors: the screen simply remained blank.

I have a 64-bit Windows 10 with Adobe Reader DC 2019.008.20071

I have just followed this article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/attach-to-email-not-working.html

My question was how come it suddenly no longer allows me to activate that function.
That's all.

Are there any troubleshooting for Adobe Reader DC? F.E .: log file to be analyzed?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Luca Samiolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines